Saturday, August 25, 2012

Baby Lips and Mascara Madness: Maybelline Great Lash - Lots of Lashes

Ok.  I caved.  I found a pretty good deal at WalMart one day...I was in getting something for my grandmother and happened across this little gem:


It was around $5 and change and you got both a Great Lash and the Baby Lips.  I've been itching to try Great Lash Lots of Lashes - even though I despise the original Great Lash - and everyone has been talking about Baby Lips so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.



First thing I want to say is that I do like the texture of Baby Lips.  I do not like Pink Punch the color.  At least, not on me.  I'd heard a lot about it from Tanya (pixi2woo on youtube) and it looks fabulous on her but I think I'm a little too olive toned for it...it's just too pepto pink on me for my tastes.  I think that I'd love the clear ones though!  So I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in a drugstore to see if I can nab one because it did make my lips super soft, I just can't get past the color.  To my sister it goes!

Then onto Great Lash Lots of Lashes.

My initial gripe with the original GL is that it's too wet and the brush doesn't do anything...now I'm not expecting any miracles with the second one - but I'm also not jaded enough to go into it hating it!  I was actually very excited because the brush reminded me of the new Lancome Doll Lashes brush (or should I say that in reverse since the Maybelline one came out first? haha)

So I tested this both alone and over my love - the Tarte MultiplEYE primer!


Great Lash Lots of Lashes alone




 Great Lash Lots of Lashes over Tarte MultiplEye primer


So here's my take on it.

Much like the original Great Lash, I find the formula is SO WET.  It can get clumpy if you try to build it...and I found the wand to be almost too flexible so that I felt I wasn't actually getting my lashes....however on the plus side, it didn't run on me throughout the day and it didn't flake onto my skin!  Points there Maybelline!

BUT.

It can be saved!  I feel that I mentioned in my love review for my Tarte primer that I said you can put any mascara over the top of it and it's fabulous!  I still hold this to be true.  Just look at my lashes in the photo!  Not clumped, nicely separated, well coated.  It is almost like it's a completely different mascara!

So I would say that if you're looking for an okay mascara from the drugstore, yeah, it's ok.  I'd still take my CoverGirl LashBlast over this one though (which someday I will repurchase and review for you guys - it's my absolute favorite drugstore mascara since the US discontinued my ULTIMATE favorite drugstore one - which is MaxFactor 2000 Calorie if you were wondering!)

No comments:

Post a Comment