Friday, October 4, 2013

Long Time, No Blog?

Well HELLO!  How are you?  What?  Where have I been?

Oh that.

Yeah....about that.

Sooo, I haven't blogged (or vlogged for that matter) since I told you all I worked for Sephora back in July.  That gives kind of a negative feeling doesn't it?  Well, let's just dispel most of that right now!

Simply put, I haven't blogged because I've been right out straight!   I auditioned for (and got into) a local production of Jesus Christ Superstar as the featured Maid by the Fire...and that, on top of work is insane.  Just to give you a little insight -- I live an hour away from my store...so I leave at 7:30 in the morning, work 8:30-5:30, have rehearsal (or call for the show) from 6-whenever I get out (rehearsal: 9:30, performances: 10ish) and then depending on if the cast is going to do something, I won't get home until midnight.  That leaves just about enough time to sleep to do it all over again!

oh hey, I'm that blind leper on the left in the hat and orange shawl!

Maid by the Fire turned Reporter (for our production) during Peter's Denial

Photo Credit:  Audra Hatch Photography


The cool thing is, I have my work/life balance that I love -- I can do makeup AND theater!  The bad thing is, I don't have enough time to do much of anything else.  Which means my contribution to all my different forms of social media suffers.  Sorry.

But what is cool is that I've been doing a lot of fun things in the meantime!  Last night I just got home from a work trip to San Francisco (during my birthday no less!) and I'm jumping right back into another show -- I will be Sister Berthe in The Sound of Music in November!  (among other things - I'm slowly getting more involved with that theater company and I'm very exited to be doing so!)

Oh San Francisco.  I can't wait to someday be there!! Every time I go (and this was my 3rd time) I fall in love a little more.

we got to make our own fragrances!

i spent an entire evening in Haight-Ashbury -- my inner hippie was ecstatic!

I met Lev Glazman (the founder of the brand FRESH)

 My friend Heather took me to Little Italy for my 29th birthday

where all the magic happens ;)

 
So I'm going to attempt to finish up some post-trip planning/work and if I have time I want to curate a few posts, because this is something I enjoy immensely and I hate that I leave it behind when I get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment