Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Doctor Brands: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare: ALPHA BETA PEEL PADS

This is going to be one hell of a love fest for a post.  Just throwing that out there.

This is the hero product for me that started a long love with this brand.  I keep trying new things, and I'm never disappointed!  That's saying a lot considering when it comes to my skin, I'm suuuuuuper picky.

The Alpha-Beta Peel comes in two varieties.  The Original and the Extra Strength (Extra Strength is shown above and is a bit stronger so it's more recommended for normal/resilient skin.  It also contains willow bark extract and mandelic acid).  You can see the brand comparison here [LINK]..  I'm going to be talking about the original strength in my post...but I have used both (and I've also had the professional treatment that you only can get in the dermatology office) and I am in loooooooooove.

So I admit it -- I'm a peel junkie.  I've got dry, flaky skin and I have to peel my face at least once a week to keep the flakies at bay.  That's why these are such a skin saver for me -- you can use them daily or you can spread them out!

It is a 2-step treatment and they come packaged either in separate jars or in the packettes --

Step 1 is your refining step. It contains:
  • Glycolic Acid (anti-aging)
  • Lactic Acid (promotes cell renewal - exfoliating/moisturizing)
  • Malic Acid (promotes cell renewal - exfoliating/moisturizing)
  • Citric Acid (helps speed cell turnover/renewal)
  • Salicylic Acid (helps to keep pores clean)
  • Genistein (stimulates collagen production)
  • Chamomilla Recutita (soothes/calms irritation)
  • Green Tea Extract (natural antioxidant)
Step 2 is a neutralizer for Step 1.  It contains:
  • Retinol (anti-aging)
  • Green Tea Extract (natural antioxidant)
  • Phospholipids (humectant - draws moisture from the air and seals to skin)
  • Sodium Bicarbonate (neutralized acids in step 1)
  • Vitamins A, C, E (antioxidants, prevents collagen breakdown)
  • Genistein (stimulates collagen production)
  • Yarrow Extract (natural toner/anti inflammatory)
  • Ubiquinone (antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals)
  • Resveratrol (grape-seed polyphenol that protects skin from premature ageing)
The best part is that it takes about 4 minutes to do the peel!  The pads are pre-soaked and pre-labeled.  Take step 1 and use small circular motions all over your face, neck and decollete until the pad has lost it's moisture.  Wait 2 minutes (I take this opportunity to brush my teeth!). Then take step 2 and do the exact same motions.  That's it!

After using these my face always feels extremely clean and smooth and I feel like my skincare is better absorbed into my skin because I've cleaned off all of the dead cells.

This is my MUST HAVE skincare product -- have you tried it?  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment