Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thoughts: Caudalie Vinoperfect Complexion Correcting Radiance Serum

don't you feel accomplished when you see a completely empty bottle of skincare?


When you think of grapes, skincare is probably not the first thing to come to mind.  A tasty snack from the produce department (made better when frozen...don't believe me? try it in the dead of summer, you won't regret it!)...or perhaps a fabulous bottle of wine.  But a skincare routine???

Allow me some backstory.

French-based brand Caudalie (created by Mathilde & Bertrand Thomas) was conceived and born between the years of 1993 and 1995 out of the discovery of the anti-aging benefits of grape seed polyphenols.  Before I keep going with that I'm sure you're staring cross eyed at the computer silently going "....o_0..." in your head.  Let's get nerdy.

Grape seed polyphenols are Caudalie's patented, potent, and powerful anti-aging antioxidants.  They give you 100% protection against free radicals, help protect your collagen and elastin, and improve the microcirculation in your skin (giving it the ever popular radiant glow!).

Caudalie went on to open their own spa in 1999, and have since taken on 2 more patents: Resveratrol and Viniferine.  For the purposes of this blogpost we're going to be focusing on the latter, however you can find more information on Caudalie's website!

Viniferine is an molecule extracted from the grapevine sap which aides in the fight against dark spots and uneven skintone.  It reduces the existing dark spots by targeting the cause of the over-production of melanin (tyrosinase if you're interested), it helps to prevent the formation of new dark spots, and evens and brightens the skin's complexion.  It's also 62 times more effective than Vitamin C...

The Vinoperfect Complexion Correcting Radiance Serum is a liquid serum containing Viniferine that is applied twice daily under your moisturizer.  It is dispensed via dropper (a full dropper is too much product for myself, I only used half each time), emulsified in your fingertips or palms, and pressed into the skin on your face/neck/decollete.  I find I use less product when I'm pressing it into the skin rather than smearing it all over...just for my two cents on that subject :)

I absolutely loved the texture of this serum!  It's liquidy, but not so thin that it will run everywhere once you get it into your hands.  It has a pleasant smell which is not overwhelming (I like my products to smell nice but not "fragranced" if that makes any sense)  I used mine over the course of about 5 or 6 months and I feel that I saw a more even tone to my complexion.  As I am still fairly young, I don't have any dark spots or severe discoloration that I'm treating...but I can absolutely speak to the radiance and evenness that this has left me.

As far as who can use it, I have very dry skin, and I have friends with oilier skin who have also used it and none of us have had any issues.  It always bears repeating that everyone's skin is different so patch test if you have any hesitations!

The price is pretty par when compared to other high end serums.  I personally would pay up to $80 for a decent serum that works for many reasons (of which I will go into and link here when I write my serum post!)

Have you tried any Caudalie products before?  What are you thoughts?




What: Caudalie Vinoperfect Complexion Correcting Radiance Serum
Where: Caudalie-usa.com, Sephora.com, Sephora Stores, wherever Caudalie is sold!
How Much:  $79.00 USD


















*the product contained in this review was provided by my job.  this has no influence on my opinions of the product as vigorous testing has taken place by myself and no one else*

No comments:

Post a Comment