Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Looks (guest blog by Elizabeth)

I love the holidays.  That's an understatement - I LOVE the holidays.  The music, the decorations, the food (mmmm cookies, candy canes and hot cocoa!),  and I love dressing up.  That's why my dear friend Ashleigh and I talked about me writing this.  I want to be festive in my holiday looks all day everyday, sometimes a full on smokey eye or red lip is just too intense, though; I am going to share some everyday holiday looks.


First off is a sparkling natural eye that can be worn from the office to holiday shopping, very simple but amped up for this time of year.  It's super chic to wear a neutral colored glitter shadow as a wash over your entire eyes, lash line to brow, after putting on primer (Too Faced shadow insurance is my fave) dust your entire eye in the glittery shadow (I'm using Too Faced Peach Fuzz) then line the eye with either a black liquid liner for a more classic look or take a festive green for a more fun look (for a liquid liner I'm using Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in #13). You can either just line the lash area following the shape of your eye, or if you want a little more elegance wing it out just slightly for a cat eye suitable for the daytime.   Don't forget to curl your lashes and load on the mascara!  My current obsession is Eyeko London Skinny Brush Mascara.

This time of year is traditionally all about a bold lip, but when it's cold out and my skin and lips are feeling dry I don't always want to have a full on red lip all day.  I still enjoy color, I just decide to go more sheer with it, choosing something ultra glossy and hydrating.  My go-to lip choices are Korres Lip Butter in Rose if I want a red lip, or byTerry gloss in Moka Chili if I'm opting for a slightly more elegant look.  During the holidays a sheer glitter gloss is also a fun, yet subtle, look.


Using a  highlighter and rosy blush is a must!  A more ethereal snow queen look is fitting when the snow is falling (we get snow in L.A., only it comes from machines at the outdoor shopping malls!) so feel free to skip your bronzers and faux tans. A light golden highlight (Candlelight from Too Faced is my choice, or Albatross from Nars) or a slightly pink-silver (Benefit High Beam and Make Up For Ever Uplight #11 are both gorgeous) both can work beautifully.  Dior and Stila make blush that adjust to your perfect shade of pink, or the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes are fabulous options.  As far as foundation goes, something radiance boosting is definitely the way to go, anything that will leave you glowing!  Using a radiant boosting primer under your foundation of choice is another way to add that magical feel.

To pull the look together a holiday themed manicure is a must!  Red, green or white nails with a glitter top coat and you're ready to go!


Happy Holidays and I hope you all have a fantastic New Year!  Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment