Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thoughts: Benefit's Finding Mr. Bright


Finding Mr. Bright is a cute and kitschy set of 4 mini products and a MANual housed in an obnoxiously bright pink box (and I'm not using the word obnoxious in a completely negative connotation here...just to set the record straight! Haha.)

Head past the jump for all the details and a photo of the contents! 





Contained within the box are 4 minis of some of Benefit's best selling complexion perfection items as well as a MANual that explains each of the products and the best ways/places to apply them.

Girl Meets Pearl:  A golden pink liquid pearl that can be used all over the face (or body) to give you that gorgeous J-Lo glow that every girl lusts after (and don't tell me you don't...I know you do!)  I especially like to mix this in with the original BeneTint or with...

Posie Tint:  A poppy-pink tint for your cheeks and lips.  It's got a consistency much like ChaCha Tint which I described as a liquidy cream-gel hybrid.  Just a few dabs on the cheeks and blended out will give you a gorgeous tint of color.  My favorite way to apply this is with a stippling brush (see my Quick Tip video on how to do this on my YT Channel)

High Beam:  A liquid highlighter for anywhere your little heart desires.  High Beam is a pink tinted highlighter with a strong silvery undertone (it also has a brush applicator!).  It looks gorgeous on cheekbones, under the brow, lightly blended on the inner corner of the eye, and right on the cupids bow.  Personally on my skin tone (MAC NC25) I much prefer Moon Beam or the new Sun Beam, but this is a pretty highlighter to have in a kit for my fair toned clients!

Erase Paste:  Benefit's best selling under-eye brightening concealer in a cute little mini pot.  It conceals darkness and discoloration and you only use a tiny dot.  I'm a huge fan of the size of this pot too as I feel the original size goes bad before you can use it all.  Erase Paste is super creamy, easy to blend, and comes in three shades (the shade in the kit is #2 which is universally flattering for most light to medium skintones)



*A small disclaimer here:  I was given this set from my job (which has no bearing on my mentioning it here or any of the opinions I give).  With that being said I personally I think that the price of the kit is severely steep.  Originally $36 and marked down on Benefit's site right now to $27.99 seems kind of high for 4 mini products...I think if they'd tossed in even a mini Powderflage and/or a mini Eye Bright that the kit would have been a bit more reasonable...but the products are fantastic nonetheless.*



Product: Benefit's Finding Mr. Bright
Availablility: sephora.com, sephora stores, benefitcosmetics.com and where benefit is sold
Price: $27.00 USD on benefitcosmetics.com as of 1/21/12


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete