Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thoughts: NARS Sheer Glow vs. Sheer Matte


Very few foundations have crossed my path and have wow'd me enough to purchase it outright.  4 to be precise.  Maybelline Dream Nude, Maybelline Dream Liquid, Clinique Even Better (review forthcoming!), and NARS Sheer Glow.  Yes, Glow...not Matte.

Did I mention that Sheer Glow is my #1 foundation of all time?  No?  It is :)


This is going to be a comparison between the two finishes of the NARS Sheer foundations.  While I prefer Sheer Glow on myself, this in no way means that I dislike Sheer Matte.  It's just not formulated for my particular skin type.

Firstly I need to let you know that judging from the photo above you may think that these foundations come with a pump.  You would be wrong in your assumptions and I am sorry if I misled you :)  You do have to purchase a pump if you want one - and as far as I can tell, you can only get them from their website (narscosmetics.com) for $6.00 USD.  I purchased mine around a time when Temptalia had an offer for a free mini gloss trio and I would highly recommend that if you are going to purchase a pump that you make sure you need something else as the shipping is minimum of $4.00 (bringing the cost of your lone pump up to $10!?)

That's pretty much my only con with the foundation.  The price isn't a con for me because I will pay for it if it's that good. I absolutely ADORE the coverage and the texture of this foundation.  It's light...buildable...and it's actually made for fingertip application!  I know that in a lot of my videos you'll see me using a brush, but when push comes to shove and I'm getting ready in the morning, you can bet your boots that I'm using my hands - it saves me time (and I'm not acne prone, so I don't find a problem with applying foundations this way).  Alright enough rambling...here's the skinny on these foundations!!!

NARS SHEER MATTE:
While I will admit that sheer matte is not for my skin type (it's primarily best for normal/normal-oily/oily skin types) it has the most gorgeous soft matte finish that I've ever seen coming out of a matte foundation.  Some matte foundations tend to pull rather chalky and look unnatural...this one doesn't do that - even on my dry skin!

It is oil-free, absorbs oil, and controls shine.  It also contains antioxidants and NARS' Complexion Brightening Formula so not only does it help mattify your skin, it doesn't make it look fake in the process while giving it an overall even and bright look.

As I have said, this is not the foundation for my skin type.  I received my bottle of Sheer Matte from my job, used it a few times, and passed it along to my sister (who has just done a skincare guest post for my blog!) as she has a more oily skin type.

NARS SHEER GLOW:
Now this foundation...I could write a book on this one (ok, maybe not a book...).  This is my own personal holy grail of foundations!  I. LOVE. THIS. STUFF.  So much that I purchased my very own bottle haha!

Sheer Glow is best for normal/normal-dry/dry skin types as it imparts a dewy glow to your skin to keep it from looking dull.  It's also hydrating, contains antioxidants, and contains turmeric extract to help improve the radiance and tone of the skin.  I've been using this since last summer and I can definitely say that when I'm wearing this,  I get more compliments on the appearance of my skin than any other foundation I own.

Even having dry skin I do like to set this with a translucent powder.  I work 17 hour days and I found it will NOT hold that long...even with primer.  So the powder locks it down without taking away the glow.

Have you used NARS Sheer Glow or Sheer Matte?  If so, what do you love?  If not, why would you try it?






Product: NARS Sheer Glow, NARS Sheer Matte
Availablility: sephora.com, sephora stores, narscosmetics.com, nars counters
Price: $42.00 USD



No comments:

Post a Comment