Friday, June 29, 2012

MUSIC: Summer playlists

*some of my current favorites*

So with summer in full swing here in Maine (hey, the A/C is in the window...it's legit!) I have begun to craft my summer mix!  With an hour drive each way to work and countless days spent at my mom's pool, I need to have a good selection of music...something most people don't realize is that I simply cannot have what we as a society call "silence" (as a music major I do not believe that silence exists) around me.

So I thought as something fun, I would share my work in progress with you guys, and hope you guys share some awesome suggestions as that's what makes a mix more fun!

Head past the jump to see what's going on in my playlist right now!

(pictured in the photo:  Jefferson Airplane "Surrealistic Pillow", Steely Dan "Aja", The Who's Tommy, Scissor Sisters "Magic Hour"
My Current Playlist (always on shuffle so it's never played in any order)
  • Steely Dan - Show Biz Kids
  • Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - Paris (Ooh La La)
  • Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
  • Bad Company - Feel Like Makin' Love
  • The Who - The Seeker (Edit)
  • Finger Eleven - Paralyzer (Divide & Kreate remix)
  • Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
  • Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
  • Amy Winehouse -Valerie ('68 Version)
  • Emm Gryner - Symphonic 2.0
  • Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra - Do It With A Rockstar
  • Steely Dan - Home At Last
  • Warrant - Cherry Pie
  • Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
  • Scissor Sisters vs. Queen - Dancing Fat Bottomed Girls
  • Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
  • Poison - Nothing But A Good Time
  • David Bowie - Kooks
  • The Who - Pinball Wizard
  • Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock
  • Crosby & Nash - Don't Dig Here
  • The Feeling - Fill My Little World
  • The Who - I'm Free
  • Jefferson Airplane - Go To Her
  • Husky - History's Door
So far it's working out that I'm having a 70's/80's kind of summer which honestly I love.  I think hair bands from the 80's should never have died haha.  But I do like to mix more current things into this list too (just not Call Me Maybe, ok?)

I also recently acquired the new Grace Potter album (The Lion The Beast The Beat) which I haven't familiarized myself with yet, but I will and I'm sure that will have something to go on too.  I also have a few songs I haven't added that I need to buy (Pour Some Sugar On Me, Dead or Alive, Paradise City...basically I want my playlist to be the originals of everything in Rock of Ages haha!)

So what are your ultimate summer songs??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment