Sunday, November 27, 2011

NAILS: Illamasqua "Phallic" Nail Varnish

Do you like nailpolish?  yes.
Do you like vibrant colors?  yes.
Do you like a variety of finishes?  yes.


Illamasqua is pretty well known in the makeup community for having some of the most versatile and pigmented makeup on the market today.  It *is* makeup for your alter ego after all and it holds true straight through to their nail varnishes.

They are long wearing and chip resistant (although admittedly I've yet to find a chip-resistant nail formula working 2 hardcore retail jobs...) and come in a huge range of colors from white all the way through to electric purple and blood red to black.




Phallic is definitely one of my favorite nail polishes in my collection - it's pretty unique to my collection, though I'm sure you can find something similar in other brands.  It's a deep midnight blue with blue and purple shimmer shot through it -- one color I did recently purchase is Sephora by OPI's "Countdown to the Kiss" which is an opaque royal blue with shimmer shot through.  Close, but not a perfect dupe.

Head past the jump for the photos and more information!




I always apply 2 coats of nail polish to my nails :)






So you can see from the photos that Phallic is definitely darker than Countdown To The Kiss...and I prefer it when I want a vampy (but not black!) nail transitioning from late fall into winter!



Product:  Illamasqua PHALLIC Nail Varnish
Availablility: Sephora.com, Illamasqua.com, and wherever Illamasqua is sold
Price: $14.00 USD

No comments:

Post a Comment